What's hot in today's kitchen?
Many new kitchens feature a streamlined look, with large window expanses with fewer wall cabinets.
- Open shelving is popular for those who want items within reach and can keep it neat
- Professional-style appliances such as free-standing stainless steel gas ranges, the trend for years, are being challenged by sleek induction cook tops paired with double wall ovens
- Under-the-counter options are increasingly prominent, with drawers that double as refrigerators, wine storage and even a pullout microwave
- For faucets, the convenience of a pullout model is a desired feature, as are pot fillers
- French door and bottom freezer drawer refrigerator models continue to dominate the market
- With healthy living being a strong trend, more kitchens are featuring steam ovens, induction cooking and warming drawers to keep nutritious dinners ready for active family members
As more people are now working from home, it is important as ever to have space where work or homework can be completed. While some people have dedicated office space in their homes, many people are turning to flex spaces. Flex spaces, also known as satellite locations, are areas within a space that are multi-functional to fit the needs of you and/or your family. This could be a kitchen that includes a desk area or large island, which lends itself well as an office space during the day and a buffet table or homework area in the evenings. Or, it could be a multi-functional room incorporating laundry and office to maximize space.